Change Party Affiliation
The Louisiana Secretary of State has set up a special website for voter information - GeauxVote.com.
To change your party affiliation:
- You can change your voter registration information, including party affiliation, online at the Secretary of State's website: GeauxVote.com. Click the "Register to Vote" icon and then proceed through the "Register to Vote Online Link." You will be prompted to update your registration if you are already in the system. Change your party affiliation to "Libertarian." (LBT)
- *You MUST have a Louisiana issued Driver's License or Louisiana issued Special ID Card to use this online system regardless of your current voter registration status.
- In Person
- You can change your party affiliation at your parish Registrar of Voters. (PDF download)
- By Mail
- You can change your party affiliation via postal mail by sending a note to your Registrar of Voters (PDF download) indicating your name, address, and that you wish to change your party affiliation to "Libertarian" along with your signature.
- You can also file an entirely new voter registration form.(PDF download) Simply print out the linked form, fill it out, and mail it to your Registrar of Voters indicated on the form for your Parish.
For more information and answers to frequently asked questions about voter registration please vist the GeauxVote.com page: Voter Registration Information and Procedures
If any Registrar of Voters refuses to allow you to register or refuses to allow you to affiliate with the Libertarian Party, please contact your State Central Committee Parish Representative ASAP. We will evaluate your qualifications and situation and assist you in successfully registering if you are in fact eligible.